Internet users are always at risk of loosing their important data because of the damaging effect of internet threats such as viruses, malware, firewall and many others. To help PC users enjoy their internet experience while staying safe from these threats, users need to have a formidable antivirus and firewall protection that will guarantee their safety. There are many internet security solutions out there and users have challenges choosing the right solution for their individual needs. Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is one of the most reliable safeguards that many people are looking for to protect against such malicious threats found online. Here is a Bitdefender Total Security 2017 review to help you make up your mind on buying a version that will provide you with maximum security.
Firewall Protection Capabilities of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Bitdefender Total Security comes with a firewall module capable of detecting the kind of network profile on your Windows. Additionally, it has the unparalleled ability to configure this profile by itself in a way that benefits the PC’s workability. However, it can only perform this on a new network connection and it won’t amend the profile if you change the profile while on an already existing network connectivity. Nevertheless, all is not lost since you can configure it manually from the easy-to-use firewall section. The most intriguing thing about Bitdefender Total Security is that, while you can set up a private or public profile, its firewall comes with four types of profiles for you to choose: Trusted, Public, Home/Office and Untrusted. What’s not clear is the difference between these profile options.
In understanding the efficiency of the available firewall module on Windows defender 10, Nessus and Nmap vulnerability scanners have been used. It is clear that no open ports were established. The only thing that the scanners managed to uncover was the MAC address of the test laptop. So far, Bitdefender Total Security is one of the finest modules that have been tested because it detects everything that goes through your PC. Perhaps the only improvement needed is its active monitoring of the network profile for the networks it knows.
Antivirus And Antispyware Protection
So, how good is Bitdefender Total Security when it comes to protecting your PC when surfing the web? It scans and filters all internet traffic that is on your PC. This means that you are protected while on your browser of choice. On testing the most popular browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, and on trying to enter dangerous websites, Bitdefender Total Security blocked the computer’s access to all of these sites, a finding that sets Bitdefender Total Security apart from the rest.
Many stakeholders have given their reviews about Bitdefender and if each review is anything to go by, then Bitdefender full protection is what you need. Bitdefender Internet Security features additional programs to surmount its security capability. Windows Bitdefender comes with the following:
• Vulnerability Scanner — This module checks and installs all available updates for your Windows as well as checking for extremely weak passwords that could put your PC at threat. In addition, it checks for autorun vulnerabilities.
• Wi-Fi Security Advisor — Its function is to check the safety of your wireless networks that your PC is connected to, and notifies you if they are a safe connection.
• File Encryption — This module allows you to create encrypted folders that you can access only by supplying a password—this is a plus for you.
• Safepay – is a safer environment that comes bundled with a secure web browser to keep your online financial transactions secure and free from any phishing attempts, fraud, malware and keyloggers.
• Wallet-this password manager helps to keep your personal data secure in an encrypted form. It can keep your information from email, credit cards and other online accounts.
The only thing than you may wish that Bitdefender Total Security had is a basic VPN service to help protect you when connecting to public Wi-Fi. This not withstanding, our conclusion is that you won’t regret buying Bitdefender Total Security 2017 as the best antivirus defender. Follow their page for a Bitdefender download at an affordable price.